The Italian LNG market is regulated by the Italian Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment (ARERA). The services offered by Adriatic LNG are governed by ARERA, which approved the Company’s Regasification Code.
Adriatic LNG has a rated capacity of 8 billion standard cubic meters of natural gas per year, and a maximum daily send-out of 26,3 MScm per day(1)
The website shows the slots and the capacity available in the current thermal year as well as for the next ten thermal years.
The terminal can accommodate ships with a capacity ranging between 65,000 and 152,000 liquid m3. For further information regarding LNG carriers and the complete list of accepted LNG carriers, please check the dedicated webpage.
To create a new account
It is necessary:
- To present a request to access the available capacity (Regasification Code ref. Cap. II 2.4.5 and 2.4.6).
- To be the holder of at least one LNG import contract (Regasification Code ref. II 2.4.5).
- To be a Transportation Service Subscriber or to indicate one or more members of the Transportation Service to whom gas will be redelivered (Regasification Code ref. Cap. II 2.4).
- To meet the standards required by the terminal regulation, maritime regulations, the Marine Operations Manual and the Verification Procedure of LNG carriers.
- To meet and maintain adequate financial assurances for expected obligations – bank guarantee/rating (Regasification Code ref. Chapter III 10).
The Italian Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment (ARERA) defines the Terminal access fees applicable to services.
The maximum fees applicable to Adriatic LNG for the year 2019, as approved by ARERA through Resolution n. 695/2018/R/Gas, are:
|Unit price associated with LNG contract quantity||Cqs (Euros/liquid mc)||26,682271|
|Temporary unit price for gas transportation||CMR (Euros/liquid mc)||0,252957|
|Percentage share to cover the terminal user’s consumption and losses||QCP (per mc liquido consegnato)||0,50%|
Transport rates in effect for the year 2019 can be found in the Transportation section of the Transportation Company’s website
For informational purposes only. The numerical example reflects the total access costs.
Contacts for further information
(1) The value of maximum daily send out, defined as the maximum amount of 26.301.370 Sm3 a day, depends on the parameters listed in Chapter II, Paragraph 2.1 of the Regasification Code.