The Italian LNG market is regulated by the Italian Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment (ARERA). The services offered by Adriatic LNG are governed by ARERA, which approved the Company’s Regasification Code.
Adriatic LNG has a rated capacity of 8 billion standard cubic meters of natural gas per year, and a maximum daily send-out of 26,3 MScm per day(1)
The website shows the slots and the capacity available in the current thermal year as well as for the next ten thermal years.
For further information regarding LNG carriers and the complete list of accepted LNG carriers, please check the dedicated webpage.
To create a new account
It is necessary:
- To present a request to access the available capacity (Regasification Code ref. Cap. II 2.4.5 and 2.4.6).
- To be the holder of at least one LNG import contract (Regasification Code ref. II 2.4.5).
- To be a Transportation Service Subscriber or to indicate one or more members of the Transportation Service to whom gas will be redelivered (Regasification Code ref. Cap. II 2.4).
- To meet the standards required by the terminal regulation, maritime regulations, the Marine Operations Manual and the Verification Procedure of LNG carriers.
- To meet and maintain adequate financial assurances for expected obligations – bank guarantee/rating (Regasification Code ref. Chapter III 10).
The Italian Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment (ARERA) defines the Terminal access fees applicable to services.
The maximum fees applicable to Adriatic LNG for the year 2020 and 2021, as approved by ARERA through Resolution n. 43/2020/R/Gas and 229/2020/R/Gas, are:
|Contracted fee per unit of volume of LNG||CQS (euro/liquid mc/year)||27,883633||25,525556|
|Percentage share to cover the consumption and losses
incurred by the terminal user
|QCP (per liquid mc delivered)||January/September: 0,63%
|Emission Trading fee||CETS (euro/liquid mc/year)||0,134078
starting from 1st October 2020
|Maritime Services||(Euros/docking)||see dedicated area||
see dedicated area
Transport rates in effect for the year 2020 and 2021 can be found in the Transportation section of the Transportation Company’s website
Contacts for further information
(1) The value of maximum daily send out, defined as the maximum amount of 26.301.370 Sm3 a day, depends on the parameters listed in Chapter II, Paragraph 2.1 of the Regasification Code.